Certifications are like the goal of a long journey, but you should …
Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.Greg Andersen
What is a certification?
It is a piece of paper stating you finished a course, maybe passed some test that required hard work. No one will later ask, whether you excelled and became the teachers right hand or did the bare minimum and called in sick half of the time. Do you remember even 10% of the theory assessed in your final exams at school? Most importantly, isn’t a certificate worthless if the only one acknowledging it, is the authority that issued it?
What use does a certification have?
- It differentiates you from someone who does not have one. At a project that is looking for helpers or at a job that is looking for someone with experience. You will definitely have an advantage.
- It establishes you as a continuous learner. Employers are always looking for people who never want to stop learning. Learning is a value unto itself, and those around you will respect and admire you for it, and sometimes even be a little jealous!
- It will enable you to make more money. Often, earning a certification can lead to compensation increases that easily make up for the investment into course fees.
- It gets your foot in the door in the new area. Many career changers turn to certifications to get themselves into a new area. For example, many people earn a certification in order to move into a position of greater responsibility.
So why do we issue certifications?
For us, certifications are a sign of appreciation. We issue these documents because you will encounter people on your journey, who won’t know you and what you are capable of. Some of them quickly judging, yet easily impressed by a piece of paper. What we are and will continue doing though, is to work hard to improve our reputation and credibility so you can refer to us in good conscience when you need to. Whether you paper your wall or your resume with it, we just hope it will help you at some point in your life.
The course is the journey
The service we are proudly providing you are our courses that give you inspiration, knowledge, experience and confidence. With them you will be able to continue your journey with an extensive foundation of wisdom and skills that open doors, make obstacles smaller and your goals more achievable.
- give you access to a community of other learners and like-minded people that network through classes, meetings or online. Once you are in it you are part of the “club” and will be remembered when your skills will be needed at supporting a workshop or project.
- give you confidence. When you have your eyes set on a goal and you put a plan together. If you work hard and achieve it. Then you gain confidence, that spills over to all aspects of your life. If you have achieved one thing, others will follow.
- give you new tools. After having gone through all of the study and hard work, you have mastered a new body of knowledge. Put it to use as soon as you can!
- “round you out”. Often, experience is strong in some areas, but not in others. A structured course rounds you out, giving exposure to ideas and approaches outside your comfort zone. In addition, being able to think outside your experience is an ingredient of leadership.
- make you a better mentor. The ability to mentor is based greatly on experience, but the best mentors can reach beyond their experience. They are able to extrapolate from their experience, and relate it to someone else’s entirely different experience.
- enables you to better evaluate the talents and skills of others. With the experience of working through the course, you are in a better position to evaluate the skills of others. You have had the opportunity to evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses in the course, and have a broader understanding of the skills and tools that were used.
Which certifications and courses do we offer?
Please see our course program for an overview.